I hold an MA in Arts Administration and Cultural Policy, which involved research and writing a thesis; a PGCE, which included research about the best ways of teaching young people and adults; and a Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma, which included a significant focus on research technique and practice, both quantitative and qualitative.
You can see my CV here.
I have worked in technology, marketing, the arts and education, and am adept at gathering knowledge, understanding the bigger picture and the details, and then communicating this to a variety of stakeholders.
Types of research include:
- what your competitors are doing
- new fields of potential business
- current best practice
- current/future trends
- research of a topic you are interested in but you don’t have time to investigate
- researching any of the above, suggesting pilot projects, and delivering them.
- evaluation of a project, how it holds to its aims and objectives, as well as measurable outcomes
- Statistical data analysis
- Narrative data analysis
- Books/online research
- Skype/phone/in-person interviews
- Questionnaire development
you have a few options, although this mostly depends on what sort of research you want doing:
- Bullet point summary with further reading suggestions and bibliography
- Executive summary and report with an appendix including bibliography
- Executive summary, detailed report, appendix, bibliography and recommendations.
You can read about an evaluation project I undertook here, including access to the full report.
Please do get in touch to discuss a project.